We’re delighted to announce that Greenwich+ Docklands International Festival (GDIF) have become the first festival in the UK to be awarded a new Platinum level of our Live Events Access Charter.
“It’s more important than ever that the lives of disabled people are placed centre stage. Outdoor arts organisations such as ours need to play their part, ensuring that we go much further in engaging with disabled people and providing a platform in town centres and high streets, while addressing and removing barriers to access.“
Bradley Hemmings, Artistic Director for GDIF
This award recognises the festival’s long-term commitment to driving forward accessibility alongside things in place for 2022’s event:
- Website events pages including a BSL/ captioned video and an audio file with key information for all events.
- An easy-read guide on what happens at the festival guide.
- Platforming of 5 companies who were D/deaf, disabled and/or neurodivergent-led.
- 30 events with Audio Description, 14 touch tours, 20 shows with BSL Interpretation and 6 with captioning
- The creation of 27 Visual Stories for events across the programme.
“Attitude is Everything are delighted to have signed off Greenwich+Docklands International Festival as the UK’s first Platinum festival of the Live Events Access Charter. They have been a committed member of the charter for over seven years and from the very beginning have asked what they can do to push their access offer beyond what the Charter expects. To implement the Platinum level, GDIF has implemented accessible information, disabled artist employment and developing staff knowledge. Pioneering inclusive practice is at the core of how the company operates and how they wish to be seen as a festival. As part of this award, we’re eager to experience how they will continue to push the industry to new standards and consistently deliver high quality inclusive events.”
Suzanne Bull MBE, Founder of Attitude is Everything